TLD is an award-winning, real-time algorithm for tracking of unknown objects in video streams. The object of interest is defined by a bounding box in a single frame. TLD simultaneously Tracks the object, Learns its appearance and Detects it whenever it appears in the video. The result is a real-time tracking that typically improves over time.
Due to its learning abilities, TLD has been advertised under name Predator. The video to the left introduces Predator and proposes several potential applications.
· TLD tracks currently only a single object
· Input: video stream from single monocular camera, bounding box defining the object
· Output: object location in the stream, object detector
· Implementation: Matlab + C, single thread, no GPU
· No offline training stage
· Real-time performance on QVGA video stream
· Ported to Windows, Mac OS X and Linux